Sunday, December 12, 2010

September 26, 2010 – Mantiqueira Sierra

September 26, 2010 – Mantiqueira Sierra I was in my twenties when I heard of three little towns nestled in Mantiqueira Sierra, between three Southeast major States. They were called Visconde de Maua, Maromba, and Maringa. Being a sierra and surrounded by woods, the place is bucolic. Waterfalls, water springs, fog, cold winters, wood-burning stoves and heaters, fantastic views, rustic lifestyle, calm and peace. After all these years, I heard that the place has become an elegant retreat for the rich, with upscale restaurants and great hotels. Some kind of Carmel, CA for city folks. But there are still many towns in the Sierra that are untouched by the money. I wish I were part of back to the landers in the 1970’s and had joined hippies to move to the sierras. Many of them still live in artistry homes with no need to color their hair. They have become less dirty and more entrepreneurs. They sell their arts and crafts, including the gourmet types of food for tourists. My escapist dreams are in full force. I guess I got scared by nematodes. My enemy is invisible.

No comments:

Post a Comment